Links to writing, both fiction and non-fiction, on Folk Horror and its related areas.
- Witch Cults T-Shirt Now Available to Preorder. - The news that our rather wonderful new Folk Horror Revival – Witch Cults shirt is now available to order has been received with great delight here at FHR towers. The admins are frothing at the mouth over the beautiful new design created especially for the event by Andy Paciorek and Cobweb Mehers, in conjunction with … Continue reading Witch Cults T-Shirt Now Available to Preorder.
- Folk Horror Revival – Witch Cults Announcement. - After much anticipation we have arrived at our fouth announcement. We have two very exciting additions to our lineup for Witch Cults that will thrill and excite you all. First up, I’m sure you will join us in providing a warm welcome to the lineup for one of the world’s most celebrated experts on … Continue reading Folk Horror Revival – Witch Cults Announcement.
- Book review: Some Dark Holler by Luke Bauserman - Ephraim Cutler is a 16 year boy, living in the backwoods of Appalachia in the aftermath of the American Civil War. His mother hasn’t been right since his father was killed in the war, killed by a Union bullet. She blackmails him into taking revenge by killing an innocent Yankee, so Ephraim, forced to choose … Continue reading Book review: Some Dark Holler by Luke Bauserman
- Folk Horror Revival Presents Winter Ghosts, Whitby December 2017 - (Folk Horror Revival Presents Winter Ghosts 2017) Folk Horror Revival Presents Winter Ghosts 2017 Folk Horror Revival presents Winter Ghosts Where better to spend an engaging winter’s evening in the compan… Where better to spend an engaging winter’s evening in the company of the Folk Horror Revival group, than in the beautiful coastal town of … Continue reading Folk Horror Revival Presents Winter Ghosts, Whitby December 2017
- Two Occult Biographies - A review of Austin Osman Spare: The Life and Legend of London’s Lost Artist (Phil Baker, Strange Attractor Press, 2012) and Madeline Montalban: The Magus of St Giles (Julia Phillips, Neptune Press, 2015) The chances are, you are more likely to have heard of Austin Spare than you have of Madeline Montalban. Saying you’re into … Continue reading Two Occult Biographies
- Strange Lands: A Field Guide to the Celtic Otherworld - Strange Lands: A Field Guide to the Celtic Otherworld by Andy Paciorek~ Strange Lands is a deeply researched and richly illustrated information guide to the entities and beasts of Celtic myth & legend and to the many strange beings that have entered the lore of the land through the influence of other cultures and technological … Continue reading Strange Lands: A Field Guide to the Celtic Otherworld
- The Human Chimaera: Sideshow Prodigies & Other Exceptional People - The Human Chimaera: Sideshow Prodigies and Other Exceptional People ~ Containing over 100 original pen & ink portraits alongside biographic text, The Human Chimaera is an indispensable guide to the greatest stars of the circus sideshows and dime museums. Includes a foreword by John Robinson of Sideshow World. Save 20% on Andy Paciorek books Enter … Continue reading The Human Chimaera: Sideshow Prodigies & Other Exceptional People
- Wyrd Harvest Press: Charity Donation Poll - On the Autumn Equinox (September 22) we will again donate 100% of sales profits from our books to the Wildlife Trusts. Please choose the project below you would like to vote for (write name in comments box below or vote via the pinned post on our Facebook Group.) We will split donation between the two … Continue reading Wyrd Harvest Press: Charity Donation Poll
- Captive - Captive, by Doris Masters It smiles at me with frothy lips Inviting me to stay; To watch it as it leaps and drips with sand and stones at play. The gulls fly screaming overhead As if their prey to wake; They dive into the watery mass, At liberty to take. Its icy waves they touch … Continue reading Captive
- Daniel Pietersen – Archivist of the Constant University - Daniel Pietersen is an author of weird fiction and horror philosophy who has spent the past few years poring over the vast and only-recently unearthed archival material from the so-called Constant University. This vast selection of prose fragments, poetry, anthropological material and photographic media of various types and qualities outlines the lives and customs of … Continue reading Daniel Pietersen – Archivist of the Constant University